The 7 Blocks to Receiving Peace, Love & Happiness
On June 22nd, I along with hundreds of women started on a 40-day virtual retreat called the Summer of Self Love… our mission? To take the pressure of having to do, be and have it all off… and to apply instead the power to RECEIVE all the love, happiness and peace we work so hard to attain.
You see, we are achievers… we’ve been bred to believe that we have to do, do, do, and we do, we are great doers! We get more done than most, and we do it well. We have big hearts and lots of energy so we give a lot – to the people and things we love and care about. BUT the truth is that we are NOT great receivers.
We work harder than we have to.
We are more comfortable doing than being.
We are pros at driving and striving, novices at relaxing and allowing things to unfold.
We believe we have to make it happen.
And we are tired.
Isn’t there a different way?
In the past three years, I have been on my own personal mission to find this way… as a woman dedicated to bringing more and more self love to myself and to the world, I am convinced that we have created lives that are unsustainable (and not self-loving… and while we all want to take care of ourselves, we find it almost impossible.
The truth is that the hippies of the 60s really had something right – all we really want in life is peace, love, happiness and freedom. It’s why we all work so darn hard, isn’t it. But what I have discovered over the past three years is that we never fully open to receive all that we work so hard for. Why? Cuz we are blocked.
Following are seven blocks I discovered after spending one year and 40 days learning how to receive. As you read each one, notice which you employ the most, and then use the questions at the end of this posting to start transforming your non-receiving pattern into a self-loving Feminine Super Power of RECEVING:
7 WAYS WE BLOCK TO RECEIVING…
- Chasing the Carrot Syndrome. Always living for the day I will be X. Happy, thin, in love, etc. You are always in the future. You are future focused, not present focused. It’s like being at the best 4th of July Fireworks, and thinking about your Christmas presents – you miss the fireworks, and feel unfulfilled.
- Force vs Power. You rely totally on your man powers to make it happen, instead of your feminine super powers. You control. You are always moving and doing, because you are used to pushing. And when you are always pushing there is no space for anything to come in. This is like the woman who goes out search for a man, instead of putting out the vibration for him to come into her life. She has a plan, a strategy, she’s on the dating sites, she uses a lot of her own energy to make it happen. She doesn’t listen to her intuition or have any sense that there are things outside of her control. Now compare that to Sophia Loren, who uses her feminine power to the millionth degree. She just stands there, vibrates off energy, and attracts men to her, little effort, no sweat… even at the age she is today! Talk about Aphrodite energy.
- Energizer Bunny Syndrome. Cannot Turn Yourself Off. You are always going going doing doing so again there is NO space for anything to come in. And you are the one doing it all, till you drop. Ex. You have a mind that always moves. You can’t relax. In fact relaxing makes you twitch. You don’t know how to “be”, and maybe even see the value in ‘Being’, after all how much can you really get done if you are being? (hint, alot!). You may also be the type of person who thinks they can’t meditate. You are addicted to doing.
- Disconnected from Source. There is an abundant universe that wants to give you many many gifts. When you think you have to do it all on your own, when you don’t have a daily practice where you connect to source, when you don’t operate on faith, or are over attached to outcomes, you are out of the flow, and you are not receiving all you could. When you cut the flow off you have to work way harder.
- Atlas Syndrome – Over-responsibility. You take everything on because you can do so much but then you end up with the entire world on your shoulders. You see something that needs to be done, so you do it. You volunteer even though you are already busy. You overcommit and then stress out because you have so much to do (although you always get it done.) Often, you think you are the only one that can do it right. You pride yourself in your maniac multi-tasking abilities. And then you get mad and burnout, because you know what, carrying the weight of the world on your shoulders is too heavy, even for you.
- Master of the Universe Complex. You try to control it all. Organizing it. Covering all the possibilities. You don’t let anything fall through the cracks, and you’ll work extra long and hard to make sure everything nothing can go wrong. Trust, Surrender, Accept, are not words you live by. You may be prone to stuffing your feelings… don’t have time to fall apart. You would rather know exactly what is going to happen, plan for all possibilities. You really aren’t into allowing things to happen. Stepping into the unknown is not your favorite thing to do.
- Closed Heart – to yourself or to others. Your heart isn’t open fully to give or receive love. You’ve built Fort Knox around your heart. You’ve learned to protect yourself. Vulnerability is not your strength and you aren’t even sure if you would want it to be. No one, not even you, gets totally into the softest parts of you. And when it comes to loving yourself, lets just say that if people could see how mean you are to yourself, they would call the authorities.
WHICH BLOCK DO YOU HAVE… then ask yourself the question?
- What is the benefit?
- What is the cost?
- What is the truth?
- What is the consequence of admitting the truth?
I invite you to become aware of which of these blocks show up in your
life… the entire 40-day practice of the Summer of Self Love is built
to open up these blocks. You can learn more about the practice at www.summerofselflove.com