Mother Love – The Feminine Love We All Need + How to Source It
When you read the words ‘mother love’ you likely go right to thinking about the mother who gave birth to you or the mother who raised you. And while that mother definitely has a role to play in our lives, she cannot be our only source of “mother love.”
Mother love is... a specific kind of love that every human being needs – we don’t outgrow the need for it, although we sadly forget how much we do need it.
Mother love is… the deep, all-embracing, all-accepting, nourishing, nurturing, warm, safe, supportive love that soothes the places inside our hearts that feel scared and lonely.
Mother love is… the strong love that we can fall into when we are stressed, stretched, uncertain, and feeling like we just can’t handle what’s happening in our life.
Mother love is… love we can retreat into, feel held by, move through our deepest fears with. It’s the love we can sink into and cry our hearts out until there are no more tears left, and then wipe off our face, take a deep breath and all of the sudden feel the courage within that same heart to stand up tall and meet the world stronger.
Mother love is… a specific kind of love, and while we can receive some of that love from the human mother that gave birth or raised us, no mother, no matter how great she is can be the sole source of this mother love that we all need.
And I say need with purpose.
The world is intense. You have a lot you are holding. If you are living and showing up for you life, you will feel stretched past your limits and fear will come up. Even if you have the most amazing friends and partner, there are places within you that their love can’t get to. The deeper places in your heart where the loneliness, fear, doubt, feeling of not belonging, not being enough, not knowing how live.
This is the domain of the mother love.
Sourcing Mother Love is not something most of us were taught how to do. So we either look for it in places we can’t find it (like our birth mother or unhealthy relationship) or we cut off our connection to it all together (we suck it up, try not to appear soft, and try to be strong in the dominating masculine or distorted feminine way.).
It’s my deep belief and personal experience that to not embrace that we each need Mother Love AND then actively seek and receive it is one of the root reasons for the disease, domination and distortion we see in this world and in our lives.
So today, in this first of four in the “Feminine Bond” series of Feminine Power Time, I am invite you to explore the power of Mother Love + to experiment with the multiple sources of Mother Love available to you … and see how it impacts everything in your life from reducing overwhelm, to improving relationships, to soothing fear and uncertainty, to increasing your courage, to bringing you more support, to leading you to truly feel cared for, nourished and seen.
Wisdom Byte: There is a great mother love available that can act as the safe and soft harbor you need to stand strong + feel so supported. It will hold you, soothe you, and give you unstoppable courage.
In this Feminine Power Time – part of the Feminine Bond Series – we will:
- Reveal why one mother cannot be our only source of love – and how embracing this can wipe out all kinds of baggage and free you to receive the support, nurturing, courage, acceptance, patience, understanding and compassion
- Define Mother Love – this is SO much more than the story or situation between you and your birth mother. Even if you had the greatest mother growing up, your need for more Mother Love doesn’t end.
- See how the lack of Mother Love is often at the root of things like loneliness, feeling like you don’t belong, fear, not feeling like you have enough, are enough, not being cared for, not feeling supported – these patterns will keep showing up if you don’t get to the root
- Explore the powerful 3 Sources of Mother Love that are here for all of us - there is SO much of this support here for us beyond what we have been taught exists.
- Learn simple practices you can do to invite this powerful, potent, feminine love into your heart and life – including the Great Mother Bath
Use the player on top to listen from this page.
Download from ITUNES + Subscribe to your Podcast Feed
Download from Stitcher.
Resources Mentioned: For Great Mother Bath Music: Jennifer Berezan, Returning
To go deeper in strengthening your connection to the Feminine, stay connected with Christine by:
AND ADD YOUR MOTHER LOVE STORY HERE.. love to hear a story about a way that you received mother love from someone other than the woman who gave birth to you… or the mother love story of how you released your birth mother from the sole responsibility of giving you mother love. POST HERE..