Strengthen Your Sisterhood: Deepen Your Connection + Create Your Sisterhood Circle
Strengthening Your Sisterhood: Deepen Your Connections + Create Your Sisterhood Circle
We need sisterhood. And I don’t use that word ‘need’ lightly. But in this case it is true. We need the support, love, care, witnessing that can only come from another woman.
Even women who have amazing supportive partnerships with a beloved need sisterhood. There is just something about the feminine bond that our hearts crave, our souls blossom from and our bodies and minds relax in.
Now the spiritual mystics have known this forever. In Celtic wisdom they refer to this as Anam Cara – which means soul friend. Mystic John O’Donohue says:
“In everyone’s life there is a great need for an anam cara, a soul friend. In this love, you are understood as you are without mask or pretension. The superficial and functional lies and half truths of social acquaintance fall away, you can be who you really are. Love allows understanding to dawn, and understanding is precious. Where you are understood, you are at home.”
In the feminine traditions I have studied and lived I have seen time and time again the deep healings and freeings that come from being in a circle of women. Whether that’s an evening circle at someone’s house, a weekend retreat or a workshop, our hearts receive such deep nourishing, and all that stress we hold inside exhales when we feel the support and witnessing of other women.
Scientists are finally researching this and have proven what we’ve known for thousands of years – women who feel supported and seen by other women – a circle of sisterhood – are healthier, physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually (you’ll hear more about this from Shasta Nelson, friendship expert and soul sister of mine who I invited to join us for this Feminine Power Time.)
So the question then becomes..
If we all need sisterhood… if having it makes us feel more supported and cared for which makes us feel more courageous and confident which makes us more likely to make the choices in our careers, relationships, wealth, health and home and lives that are bold and aligned with what we truly desire then…
Why is it so hard for us to cultivate the sisterhood we need?
And why does the space for it often get put last on the list?
Creating soulful connections with other women is essential yet most of us were not taught HOW to cultivate the intimate connections we need to thrive.
Tune into this episode of Feminine Power Time – # 3 in a 4 part series on our Feminine Bonds – with feminine leadership advisor and spiritual catalyst Christine Arylo and her special guest, Shasta Nelson, founder of Girlfriend Circles and friendship expert and dive into:
- How can you strengthen your circle of sisterhood? Cultivate deeper relationships with the women in your life so that you have the support, care, love, connection and witnessing all women need to truly thrive.
- Female health fact that might surprise you + the difference between BELONGING and CONNECTING – The research that shows you can be unhealthy in eating and exercise but healthy in friendship and be healthier than people who work out and eat well
- Why friendships don’t just happen – get more conscious about the ingredients and actions for calling in + deepening your female connections
- The 3 components all friendships need to thrive
- Why all friendships don’t progress to deeper connections + how to tell which ones have the potential for growth
- What to do when you are feeling a ‘sisterhood deficit‘?
- What you desire NOW to strengthen your sisterhood connections
Use the player on top to listen from this page.
Download from ITUNES + Subscribe to your Podcast Feed
Download from Stitcher.
To go deeper in strengthening your connection to the Feminine, stay connected with Christine by:
TRANSFORMATIONAL FEMININE POWER WORKSHOP – Take from Home in May Anytime.
-Bringing the Wise Woman Out of Exile & Healing our Feminine Bonds
Join us from home. Christine Arylo + Shiloh Sophia.
AND YOU CAN JOIN ME IN PERSON FOR SOME FEMININE CONNECTION TIME that will nourish your soul, conjure up courage in your heart and give you the clarity and confidence to take the steps in your life that your heart and soul are calling you to.